Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

153 and a Wake Up

Just to let you know, I have been sick all day. Dry heaves since morning and no where to go. What do you do when you are the only one who can do your job, and no one can do it if you leave, and if you leave you will return to a nightmare the next day?

Ahhh! Isn't this the very reason for Burning Man?! We have to disconnect somehow,someway, for sometime. There is something wrong with a culture that bothers you physically like that. I could have left. Life is about choices right? I could have chosen to go home, lay down, and rest.

However, life is about consequences as well. Since no one could have done my job, I couldn't have rested, because the phone would not have stopped ringing, and when tomorrow came, if I felt better, everyone would have looked slant-eyed at me.

You know the look. The one everyone gives you when they don't REALLY believe your ill? You know I'm right! Unless your laid up in a hospital racking up a nice super-sized bill, no one ever TRULY buys that you are ill and can't work. They all ask, "Are you feeling better?", when what they really mean is, "I wanna hear the lame excuse you have for not being here."

So there I am all day, toughing it out like a TRUE lumberjack. Dry heaving and all. To take care of our drivers and my co-workers. Whether they hate me or not. Silly really. But then again, no one will really understand that till they wake up. Problem with THAT is the wake up I'm talking about is dying. Not many rushing to that door to see what's behind the curtain. Is it a new car? Is it an empty box? Or is it????

Anyway. Time to move on. I gotta get some rest. I feel sucky!!!

No comments: