Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

146 And a Wake Up......

Well,  the guy buying my scooter didn't quite have the $600 he said he would.  More like $150.  After stewing on it for a few hours, I thought a better hold amount would be $300. At least ONE ticket can be secured that way.

It's a shame that the event costs anything, but the organizers feel the same way.  There is just no way logistically or logically they could pull it off without the kinda of $ they ask for for tickets.  Seperates the wheat from the chaff, to borrow an ancient phrase.

Well, news about me.  I went to the dentist today.  1st time since 1993.  I have to relinquish 5 teeth to the grinning, bearded tooth fairy.  Not as difficult a task as I thought I would be tasked with.  My two lower wisdom teeth are coming sideways.  The top two are growing down like stalagtites to fill the the cavern yawning below them.  Finally, I have one tooth where a 1/3 of it decided to take a vacation to Fiji, permanately.  The tooth fairly wanted to put me in his vinyle chair this Friday!!  I had to take a rain check for the 30th. 

Whew!  So I type to you now on my anti-anxiety pills, hydro-codone for the pain, and a few, refreashing Widmar Drifter Pale Ales.  I wonder how many people are less than normal who do this sort of thing?  Falling on your sword and spilling your guts is embarrasing enough on the battlefield, but to do it voluntary on the internet like this is sorta like taking a large kite to the edge of a sea-side cliff in a stiff wind pulling towards the water and seeing if you can keep upright.

What the hell happened to the spell check on this thing?  I feel like someone gave me a wedgie and pulkled my pants down in the middle of the hallowed high school hallways typing away like this without a safety net to prove I'm not completely English retarded.  Oh well.  The music on Pandora is good!

I gotta start thinking about power and how we will provide some personal things for ourselves on the Playa, like music.  I would REALLY like to get my hands on some hand drums.  There's nothing like beating your sould out across an animal skin puilled taught over a cavern for sound pictures.

Ok, laters!!!

No comments: