Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

143 And A Wake Up.......

So I'm mainly talking to myself.  What's the harm in that?  I have figured out one of the main reasons why I feel driven to Buring Man.  It's because I'm in search of my People. 

I have always felt out of place.  My friends, many, but fleeting and few lasting.  In this large counrty of 300 million people, I can believe that there are only about 50,000 People like me out there and that they got so fed up with society that they decided to have a gathering.

How do I know they are my Poeple?  I don't.  I'll have to go to figure that out.  When I was in college I gathered around me some "followers" that I thought were my People.  I named it "The Freebird Society".  The idea was that we could be ourselves without any pretense.  Of course we cmoked a lot and listened to celtic and jamiacan music.  Some of those afternoons were the best ever.  I recall a time once where it was my birthday and I was getting a beer out of the fridge and in the background I could hear at least 15 different People talking from all kinds of different backgrounds and they were laughing and saying how it was the best party ever.  I thought to myself, "It is the best ever."  It doesn't get better than People being themselves to each other in safety and comradship.

Who are "my People"?  Just that.  People you are safe around.  People you can be like when you are around family.

Today Brandy finally read the survival guide and she has a better understanding of what we need to do to prepare for Burning Man.  I traded some Marine Corps Institute Training manuals for a khaki, digital training bush cap.  I priced some cami-netting for shade, and  got closer to my sons.  Nuff said.   Laters!

No comments: