Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Day Trois

Well, talk about a heavily spiritual day. Of course that came after the hunt for MRE's, watching people entirely blitzed into another miserable reality unable to accomplish the simple act of pulling themselves 3 feet up the embankment while their sober friend looked on.

The churning disquiet in my heart forced me to ask the sober one standing there, who, on occasion, was kicking them, presumably to see if they were still alive if they were going to be alright. Something about the fact that they were soaking wet in 45 degree weather and an hour of failure to climb out of that 3 foot embankment. What can I say? I'm a softy.

Their sober friend abandoned them while one staggered up to the parking lot and proceeded to attempt to entering various parked vehicles (some with people in them) while he swayed around and dry heaved. These guys couldn't have been older than 20 tops. I had to do it. I had to call the cops. It took two officers just to pick up one up and take him to safety. Hope he didn't get hypothermia. It was at a skate park and all of the other kids and teenagers were just laughing and taking pics of the poor saps. No one else called for help.

That gets me to my theme that ties into the Burning Man them. Metropolis. Is this what cities do? Do they desensitize you from those all around you? To their plights and pains? Is our remote control culture creating remote control emotions? Lot's to stew on in my loopy head, but it is late, and I have a warm bed waiting for me to defile it. ; ) Till the next pondering.....laters!

No comments: